We are the legislated peak body for local government in Victoria. Formed in 1879, we have a long and proud tradition of supporting councils and councillors.
Our role is to:
- advocate local government interests
- build the capacity of Victorian councils
- facilitate effective networks
- initiate policy development and advice
- support councillors.
- promote the role of local government.
Our services include:
- specialist advice and information.
- councillor development opportunities.
- insurance protection including risk, legal and claims advice
- CEO performance appraisal and recruitment advice
- governance support.
- group procurement.
How the MAV operates
For any enquiries please contact us:
Address: Level 12, 60 Collins St, Melbourne 3000
Phone: 03 9667 5555
Fax: 03 9667 5550
For more contact information, refer to our Contact us page.