The Board’s key responsibilities are to:
- define the detail of policies, objectives and strategies determined by State Council
- set and evaluate directions, priorities and performance standards for the MAV
- appoint the CEO and monitor his or her performance
- liaise with MAV representatives from their regions
The Rules empower the Board to pass codes of practice or protocols to supplement the Rules and guide office bearers, Board members and MAV representatives.
The Board is elected by our members every two years. The president is elected by all members. The other 12 representatives are elected by their region. See the MAV Board regions map (Word - 331KB).
The MAV Board Members are presented below.
Board allowances and expenses
Under the Board allowance and expense policy, Board members receive an annual allowance paid quarterly in advance.
Board members are provided with a data allowance for accessing business papers via iPads and can claim out-of-pocket expenses for travel, parking, accommodation and meals when undertaking duties as a Board member.
The policy also allows for Board members to attend events including, the Annual Conference, Councillor Development Weekend, Asset Management Conference and Future of Local Government Summit.
As of July 2016, current endorsed allowances are:
- President $72,159.40 inc 9.5% superannuation
- Deputy president $14,876.61 inc 9.5% superannuation
- Board member $10,129.52 inc 9.5% superannuation.
MAV Board Members