Communications & Engagement Strategy Masterclass 2018
- Event start date:
- Event start time:
- Event end time:
- Event end date:
In this two-day workshop, participants learnt how to develop a strategic plan to raise awareness and understanding of their service, program or project, and inspire support and collaboration for better community, economic and environmental outcomes.
A communications and engagement strategy sets the foundation for garnering community and stakeholder understanding and support, ensures that resources are used most effectively and that activities are aligned with council policies and objectives.
In this two-day workshop, participants will learn how to develop a strategic plan to raise awareness and understanding of their service, program or project, and inspire support and collaboration for better community, economic and environmental outcomes.
Bring along your laptop or use the comprehensive workbook to develop your strategy in real time.
Set the Scene
- Articulate the purpose and define the communication challenge
- Gather information and evidence
- Detail the methodology and timeframes
- Detail project non-negotiables and negotiables.
Understand the Context
- Identify relevant Council plans and strategies, legislative requirements and engagement and communication frameworks
- Analyse the environmental context and prepare a risk profile with mitigating actions.
Know the Audience
- Identify the demographic, psychographic and behaviour characteristics of target audiences
- Identify relevant internal and external stakeholders and their required level of engagement.
Set the Goals and Objectives
- Set communication and engagement goals and objectives.
Develop the Communications Program
- Develop a project vision, mission, narrative and key messages
- Select the right mediums to deliver your message to the target audiences
- Prepare an integrated communications, PR and media program
- Identify engagement tools and techniques to use for each stakeholder group.
Plan for Action
- Prepare a communications calendar
- Populate an action plan template.
Ros Weadman has designed this masterclass to help councils improve their culture, performance and reputation by developing the communication skills of their employees.
Ros has 16 years’ local government in-house communications management experience and seven years working as a consultant, trainer and project manager to the industry.
Ros is tertiary qualified in professional communication, business management, psychology and secondary education, is accredited with the International Association for Public Participation and is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia.
Who should attend?
This training opportunity is designed specifically for team leaders and other council staff responsible for delivering a service, program, project, event or special initiative.
The Masterclass is run over two days and participants need to attend both days.