Effective Meetings and Meeting Procedures (Refresher)
- Event start date:
- Event start time:
- Event end time:
- Event end date:
Effective meetings and meeting procedures (Refresher) was a half day workshop. This workshop provided the opportunity to refresh and/or update skills learned in the Meeting Procedures Workshop and focuses on council meeting procedures and legislative requirements, examining meeting logistics, procedures and protocols.
Effective meetings and meeting procedures (Refresher) is a half day workshop. This workshop provides the opportunity to refresh and/or update skills learned in the Meeting Procedures Workshop and focuses on council meeting procedures and legislative requirements, examining meeting logistics, procedures and protocols.
A key benefit of the workshop is to raise issues for discussion often providing an alternate means of resolving problems or presenting items to achieve more positive outcomes. The workshop is designed to guide Councillors in performing the role of a Councillor whilst acting within the constraints of the Local Government Act.
The work will cover:
- procedures and how to use them
- amendments, amendments to the amendment and/or alternate motions
- when to introduce a motion
- when and how to introduce a procedure
- discussion on what has worked/not worked
- working within the constraints of the Local Government Act
- opportunity to raise to any concern regarding meeting procedures
- opportunity to talk about current issues faced in local government
- other items as they arise.
- Executive/Senior Management
- Governance Officers.
As a result of completing this workshop, participants should have:
- Consolidated their understanding and knowledge of meeting procedures, protocols and rules/regulations
- A clear understanding of meeting components, such as agenda, minutes, and the recording of proceedings
- A sound knowledge of meeting functions in reference to confidentiality, how to address discussions, debates, and potential conflicts.
About Cheryl Bromfield
Cheryl is a corporate governance professional, she holds a Masters I Business Administration (MBA) and is a former Councillor.
Cheryl has been a trainer of choice for the MAV since 2013, providing a variety of training in the Local Government arena.
Cheryl is a specialist in Meeting Procedures and facilitates an active and engaging workshop, providing many opportunities for participation.
- Participants must have completed the one day Meeting Procedures workshop
- Workshop capacity 15 participants per group
- Workshop minimum numbers of 10 participants
- Workshops to be cancelled if workshop doesn’t meet minimum participant numbers
- If workshop is cancelled, the MAV will provide 7-10 days’ notice to participant and council.