MAV Local Government Arts and Culture Forum: Collaborate to Innovate
- Event start date:
- Event start time:
- Event end time:
- Event end date:
The inaugural MAV Local Government Arts and Culture Forum featured local and international panellists and speakers who shared their expertise and demonstrated the practical application of arts and culture programs and strategies that bring economic, cultural and social benefit to communities.
The inaugural MAV Local Government Arts and Culture Forum is to be held from 22 – 23 August. Featuring local and international panellists and speakers who will share their expertise and demonstrate the practical application of arts and culture programs and strategies that bring economic, cultural and social benefit to communities.
Day 1 (Wednesday 22 August): 4.00pm - 8.30pm at the Drum Theatre in Dandenong. Jordi Balta, Advisor Culture in Sustainable Cities, Committee on Culture, United Cities and Local Government (UCLG) will share the UCLG vision for culture and sustainable cities, followed by networking drinks in the Drum Theatre and a buffet dinner at the Walker Street Art Gallery.
Day 2 (Thursday 23 August): 9.30am - 5.30pm at the Southbank Theatre (Melbourne Theatre Company) for a forum which includes catering throughout the day. The forum focuses on:
- MTNS MADE: leverage locally to establish a cultural brand
- Libraries After Dark: late night venue, safe haven, community hub
- Planning For Sustainable Cultural Places
- The Value of Evidence: compel by combining statistics with story
- Aboriginal Enterprise: how to best support economic impact and growth
- Reinventing After The Wheel: strategy for a clever and creative future
- Striving For Balance: gender equity by 2020
- Live Music: growth through local music industry.
Chief Executive Officer at Economic Development Australia Ltd
Manager Creative Culture at City of Darebin
Jordi Baltà Portolés
Consultant/Project Manager, Culture and International Affairs
Aboriginal Economic & Social Inclusion Consultant at Liz Allen & Arcblue Asia Pacific Consulting
Co-founder at SLAM (Save Live Australia's Music) Ltd
Manager Arts Culture and Heritage at Yarra Ranges Shire Council
Strategy & Business Advisor at City of Darebin
Spoken word artist based in Melbourne—by way of Lebanon
Who should attend
All council staff are invited to attend, including their Councillors, Council Senior Executives, and Managers. This forum has been tailored to Local Government Officers and Councillors.
- a tailored and practical program especially designed for local government
- invaluable industry development opportunities for Councillors and Council Officers
- networking events to create opportunities for collaboration across boarders
- dialogue with Peak Arts Bodies at the lunchtime Expo on Thursday 23 August
- the first 10 councillors (one councillor per council) who register their interest by July 30 are invited to attend FREE OF CHARGE.
Please note registered councillors may not transfer their ticket and must attend on Thursday 23 August