Parking Master Class: Parking for Politicians
- Event start date:
- Event start time:
Steven Burgess, an Engineer and Urban Strategist, discussed the real and imaginary issues with parking in our villages, towns and cities.
Parking for Politicians - Sorting out the real and imaginary issues with parking in our villages, towns and cities.
Topics covered include:
- History of governments and relationship with parking
- Relationships between parking and traffic congestion
- The truth about parking - its influence on economics, health and quality centres
- Minimum parking rates- what are they, who has them and why?
- Cash in lieu schemes- do they work? are they helpful?
- Off-street supply - how, when and where do we build off-street parking?
- How much is enough- what data do we need to assess if there is enough parking?
- How to move forward- what steps do I take when I get back to the office to get on with solving your parking dilemma(s)?
Steven Burgess is an Engineer and an Urban Strategist with extensive experience in parking and its influence on town and city prosperity. He has written, published and presented on the topic throughout the world, including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA and the UAE.
In this course Steven will be providing politicians and senior city officials with the necessary tools to deal with car parking in modern urban and rural environments. These tools will allow cities to deal with an otherwise major distraction in city management and let people get on with the job of creating sustainable and prosperous villages, towns and cities.