Follow us online via our social media channels.
We also have the following campaign-based Facebook pages:
Victorian councils Twitter feed
See an aggregated feed from all available Twitter accounts managed by Victorian councils.
Social media terms and conditions of use
We may change the social media terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Your continued use of our social networking site(s) means that you accept any new or modified terms and conditions.
- Our social media accounts are generally monitored between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Our social media accounts are intended to share MAV views; local government news, information and advice; and raise public awareness about the work of councils, their current challenges and services provided to communities.
- If we follow other organisations and individuals this does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- If we repost information from another organisation or individual we do not guarantee the accuracy or factual correctness of that information.
Free speech and defamation
Your ideas, views, questions, complaints and compliments are welcome. You are encouraged to join in open conversation and debate through our social networking sites. All we ask is that you participate in a respectful and constructive manner.
This means you must not:
- post false or mischievous statements about individuals, companies or the government which you know to be false or have no reasonable basis to believe to be accurate
- use our social networking satellite sites for promotional, advertising or commercial purposes. Put simply, if you spam us we will block you and notify the proper authorities.
- encourage, provide information regarding, or in any way help others to harvest contributors’ email addresses and other personal information for any use whatsoever
- break the laws or encourage others to break the laws of Australia and its states and territories in any way, including privacy laws
- swear, defame, insult, harass, abuse or be really mean to anyone via our social networking sites.
You must also declare your association with particular organisations when and if this is appropriate.
Security and corruption
- You are responsible for your own security settings when you access any of our social networking sites.
- Users will not knowingly attempt to transmit, or encourage others to transmit viruses or malicious programs of any kind to any posted email addresses or via any posted information, images or links published on our social networking sites.
- You will not attempt to gain illegal access to any component of our social networking sites.
Moderation and terminating access
- If you breach any of our rules we may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion remove any post, suspend your access for a period of time or block you permanently from accessing our social networking site(s).
- We are not responsible for any actions, claims, proceedings, or liabilities arising out of your violation of our social media terms and conditions. You are responsible for all statements made by you.
- If you believe someone has breached our terms and conditions please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of warranties and liabilities
- From time to time, we and other contributors may provide commentary on a broad range of issues, organisations and government in Melbourne, Australia and elsewhere.
- We cannot and do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content found on our site, or its usefulness for any particular purpose. Nor do we represent or warrant that the content on the site complies with the laws of any country. When you access the site you do so at your own risk. While we try to keep the site open and functioning day and night, we can’t promise that the site will be available uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- The views expressed and published on our social networking sites by any person are not necessarily our views, and we do not guarantee the accuracy or currency of any comment or information. We accept no responsibility arising from reliance by any person or party on any comment or information published on our social networking sites.
- We also reserve the right to be wrong, and to post retractions and apologies when we’re asked nicely, when we consider them to be necessary, and of course, at our discretion.
Users agree to indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents against all claims, demands, damages, costs, penalties and liabilities caused by your breach of these terms and conditions.