MAV Technology has launched a report on Implementing Public Wi-Fi Services for Local Government (PDF - 1.37MB), which includes a collection of research and case studies relevant for councils looking to implement, or grow an existing public Wi-Fi service.
The report includes:
- Research material related to the design, implementation, use and ongoing management of public Wi-Fi services
- Case studies from across Victoria and the globe, focused on Victorian councils
- Case studies from other sectors - both private and public
- Details of technologies available that are relevant to local government
- Business models that support the sustainable use of public Wi-Fi
- Policy and process for the effective management of public Wi-Fi.
The report was commissioned by MAV Technology and developed by Charlie Mac and Associates over the period December 2014 to January 2015.
As part of the report a wiki has been created by MAV Technology, where members can download all the background and reference materials, post updates and make comments.
Back to: Transport and infrastructure.