Child Development Information System
CDIS makes the delivery of healthcare more effective and efficient – by improving safety and outcomes, expediting service delivery, maximising health care provider utilisation, and keeping costs under control, by eliminating duplicate data entry and other significant redundancies.
The system was built as part of an integrated health care solution, the Electronic Knowledge and Information Data System (eKIDS), which is interoperable with legacy and future applications. Additionally, CDIS can easily be tailored to fit your information requirements and workflow preferences.
Within a reliable and secure centralised database, functionality includes:
- tracking client activity
- service and history recording
- referral workflow
- appointment and clinical availability scheduling
- clinical assessment
- treatment and review
- detailed reporting.
CDIS is compatible with existing technology and infrastructure, streamlines data collection, includes flexible reporting, and enables enhanced communication between key stakeholders and healthcare professionals, leading to happier and healthier families.
- CDIS webinar series
- CDIS practice processes
- Councils and Health Service Providers on CDIS
- CDIS documentation
Planned system outages
- 1 November 5:00PM – 4 November 08:00AM – City of Casey Data Migration
- 8 November 5:00PM – 11 November 08:00AM – Campaspe and Gippsland Lakes Health Data Migration
- 15 November 5:00PM – 18 November 08:00AM – Melton Data Migration
- 22 November 5:00PM – 25 November 08:00AM – City of Whittlesea Data Migration
The CDIS Helpdesk is your first point of contact for assistance with CDIS services. Self-help facilities are available which may assist you in answering your query or solving your problem.
|CDIS webinar series|
|(11 m 28s)|
|CDIS Webinar Collection (Password required)|
|MCH practice processes|
|MCH CDIS Birth Notification Process||(PDF - 0.98MB)|
|MCH CDIS Calendar Process||(PDF - 2.61MB)|
|MCH CDIS Consultation Process||(PDF - 952KB)|
|MCH CDIS Counselling & Recommended Contact Processes||(PDF - 939KB)|
|MCH CDIS EMCH Referral Process||(PDF - 1.21MB)|
|MCH CDIS External Referral Process||(PDF - 2.10MB)|
|MCH CDIS Internal Referral Process||(PDF - 1.79MB)|
|MCH CDIS Groups Process||(PDF - 827KB)|
|MCH CDIS Groups Process: Initial Groups Set-up||(PDF - 960KB)|
|MCH CDIS Open/Change/Close Process||(PDF - 896KB)|
|MCH CDIS Transfer Process||(PDF - 827KB)|
|MCH CDIS Out of Home Care Program Process||(PDF - 552KB)|
|MCH CDIS Process Guidance for Information Sharing||(PDF - 1.3MB)|
|MCH CDIS Information Sharing Correspondence Templates||(PDF - 1.18MB)|
Contact the Helpdesk
- Log in to the CDIS Helpdesk system.
- Phone the CDIS Helpdesk on 1300 856 183 (recommended for urgent assistance).
Councils should designate one key MCH officer to deal with problems and to contact the CDIS Helpdesk, if necessary. This will ease the workload on the helpdesk staff by reducing multiple requests to resolve the same problem.
The CDIS Helpdesk operates between the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9am to 12pm (Limited support. Support will only be available for urgent and high priority requests.)
Outside of standard operating hours, you can phone and leave a voicemail message which will be processed first thing in the morning.
Reporting critical CDIS faults after hours
Phone the After Hours On-Call Support Service on 1300 856 183.
Messages left on this service are monitored from 7am to 8am and 9pm to 10pm on weekdays. From 9am to 6pm on public holidays.
Councils and Health Service Providers on CDIS
MCH nurses may transfer client data across to these councils who are already on the CDIS:
Seventy-six councils and health service providers are now on CDIS.
Acceptable use case, information and privacy
- Acceptable use case for CDIS (Word - 374KB)
- CDIS poster for parents (Word - 3.04MB)
- Privacy framework - MCH services (Word - 349KB)
- PEDS Brief Administration and Scoring Guide (PDF - 3.87MB)
- PEDS Interpretation Form (PDF - 343KB)
- Privacy fact sheet for families using the MCH service (Word - 378KB)
Support procedure and getting started
If you wish to provide feedback regarding training, data migration or the CDIS system please use the feedback form (Word - 42KB).
Once you have completed your form, please email it to CDIS-Helpdesk@mav.asn.au.