MAV Technology was established by the Municipal Association of Victoria in 2004. It is an independently funded group of local government IT, digital and business transformation practitioners, who are committed to demonstrating leadership to improve council and community services. 77 of Victoria's 79 councils are current members of MAV Technology.
MAV Technology provides:
- communication channels such as our Yammer network for members to share ideas, resources and experiences
- collaborative procurement opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- conference and forum events to encourage discussion and innovation
- funding for projects of strategic value to the sector which can be shared on Council Commons for digital transformation
- awards to encourage and recognise innovation in ICT
- advocacy for major transformative initiatives
- a platform to collaborate with other levels of government and local government associations.
MAV Technology is governed by the MAV Technology Executive Committee, which is made up of volunteer representatives from member councils. The Committee makes decisions regarding MAV Technology's strategic direction; project funding and support; event programming; vendor sponsorships and partnerships; engagement with State and Federal government; and advocacy for innovative and transformative ICT initiatives.
Any member council of MAV Technology can volunteer a representative to join the MAV Technology Executive Committee. Nominations are sought annually.
The MAV Technology Executive Committee is:
- Michael Smyth, Greater Bendigo City Council (Deputy Chair)
- Jeff Anthoney, Melbourne City Council
- Ashley Pratt, Casey City Council
- Roger Verwey, Hobsons Bay City Council
- Christine Wright, Latrobe City Council
- Russell Bennett, Southern Grampians Shire Council
- Mark Domma, Melton City Council
- James Hargreaves, Moira Shire Council
- Paul Kealley, Mildura Rural City Council
- Neil McQuinn, Surf Coast Shire Council
- Justine Resta, Brimbank City Council
- Carolynne Roberts, Golden Plains Shire Council
- Jane Tyzak, Wyndham City Council
- Cameron Spence, Municipal Association of Victoria.
Engage with us
For more information, visit MAV Technology's website or contact:
Executive Officer, MAV Technology
(03) 9667 5509