Statewide library management system
What we are doing
We are working with the sector to co-design a statewide Library Management System with the support of Local Government Victoria.
Accessible by all councils and their libraries as well as Regional Library Corporations across the state, we aim to establish a single Library Management System that will:
- Enable collaboration / common processes across libraries
- Simplify the ability to connect with other councils’ systems
- Fulfil the ongoing operational requirements of the SWIFT Consortium
- Negotiate the best commercial outcome for the sector
- Ensure legislative compliance
- Enable libraries to seamlessly transition with the SWIFT Consortium
- Engage the supplier market to understand future opportunities and innovations.
A steering group of key stakeholders from across the sector has been established to guide the process.