Presentations are available from the following events:
- 2018 Gender Equality Forum - An Equal Future: Building your skillset for gender equality
- 2017 Local Government Showcase
- 2015 PVAW Local Government Forum
2018 Gender Equality Forum - An Equal Future: Building your skillset for gender equality
An Equal Future provided attendees with an opportunity to come together for a day of thought provoking and inspirational insights to help build a future of gender equality. Running throughout the day, the themes of backlash and resistance were explored, with attendees hearing from experts in this field, and given the opportunity to build their skills in responding to resistance when undertaking work focused on gender equality.
- The Myth of Merit: Gender equality and women’s leadership - Catherine Fox, Walkley award-winning journalist, author of Stop Fixing Women, and co-author of Women Kind (PDF - 122KB)
- Changing Our Game: Working for gender equality in sport and active recreation - Dr Bridie O’Donnell, Head, Office for Women in Sport & Recreation, Department of Health and Human Services (PDF - 1.31MB)
- Managing backlash and resistance - Dr Michael Flood, Associate Professor ARC Future Fellow, Faculty of Law, School of Justice, Queensland University of Technology (PDF - 588KB)
- Intersectionality - Loren Days, Manager - Emerging Practice, Our Watch (PDF - 1.51MB)
2017 Local Government Showcase
- Ballarat City Council: Strengthening Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities by Preventing Violence Against Women (PDF - 1.93MB)
- Darebin City Council: Creating Gender Equity in the Early Years (PDF - 962KB)
- Frankston City Council: Baby Makes 3 Antenatal Project (PDF - 2.42MB)
- Horsham Rural City Council: Act@Work (PDF - 936KB)
- Latrobe City Council: Local Government Gender Analysis Toolkit (PDF - 620KB)
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council: Rural Challenge: embedding gender equality in community groups (PDF - 0.99MB)
- Maroondah City Council: Our Codes, Our Clubs: Changing the Story to Promote Gender Equality Together (PDF - 1.04MB)
- Nillumbik Shire Council: Gender Equity in HR Tool (PDF - 807KB)
- Port Phillip City Council: Family Violence/Gender Equity eLearning Module (PDF - 1.15MB)
- Whittlesea City Council: Gender Equitable Design of Community Facilities - developing a design guide (PDF - 1.24MB)
2015 PVAW Local Government Forum
In partnership with Our Watch and Melbourne City Council, we celebrated councils' contribution to changing the story through this 2015 forum.
An influential group of speakers explored ways to prevent violence against women and promote gender equity including: the Hon. Fiona Richardson, Minister for Women, Minister for Prevention of Family Violence; 2015 Australian of the Year Rosie Batty; and Ben Rimmer, Melbourne City Council CEO and Male Champion of Change.
Our Watch gave a presentation (PDF - 3.89MB) on the development of the Change the Story Framework.
Council projects were also showcased from:
- Whittlesea City Council – Gender equitable community facility design project (PowerPoint - 1.77MB)
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council – Preventing violence against women in emergencies (PowerPoint - 3.75MB)
- Councils from the Great South Coast Region – Baby Makes 3 program (PowerPoint - 2.12MB)
- Maribyrnong City Council – She’s Game: Gender Equity in Sport program (PowerPoint - 621KB)
- Darebin City Council – Promoting positive gender norms in the early years setting (PowerPoint - 4.12MB)