Presentations are available from the following transport-related events:
- 2018 Electric Vehicle Ready Local Government Fleets Workshop
- 2017 MAV STEP Program Regional Meetings
- Council Conversation: Transport
2018 Electric Vehicle Ready Local Government Fleets Workshop
This workshop was the first part of a project run by ClimateWorks, the Electric Vehicle Council and the Municipal Association of Victoria, aimed at enabling greater electric vehicle uptake in local government fleets.
- Electric Hybrid Vehicles - Benalla Rural Council (PowerPoint - 662KB)
- EV Procurement - Bede Doherty (PowerPoint - 14.2MB)
- How to prepare - JetCharge (PowerPoint - 4.33MB)
- Introduction to Project - ClimateWorks (PowerPoint - 1.08MB)
- Our EV Journey - Yarra City Council (PowerPoint - 1.96MB)
2017 MAV STEP Program Regional Meetings
The MAV Step Asset Management and Financial Sustainability Program involves a range of capacity-building aspects to support councils to achieve improved performance and better outcomes for their communities. The program involves measurement against national frameworks, developing common tools and templates in the areas of assets and associated services, and knowledge-sharing via meetings and events.
These meetings were held in May 2017. Presentations are available below:
- MAV Step Program 2017/18 - Ian Mann (PowerPoint - 5.75MB)
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator Portal: Road Manager Module - Todd Wellard, NHVR (PowerPoint - 6.74MB)
- Restricted Access Vehicle Route Assessment Tool (RAV RAT): Victoria rollout - Damien Hense, ARRB (PowerPoint - 18.5MB)
Council Conversation: Transport
In 2015 MAV hosted an inaugural a sector conversation on transport, to give councils the opportunity to share innovative approaches to transport plans and strategies.
Seven councils hosted and facilitated discussions on different transport topics:
- Bill Forrest, Director of Advocacy at the City of Wyndham – Bill discussed Transport related advocacy efforts at Wyndham City Council and their strategies for success (PDF – 5.41MB).
- Bailey Byrnes, Team Leader Transport Planning at the City of Banyule – Bailey discussed the Community consultation approach used to inform the new Banyule Integrated Transport Plan (PDF – 171KB).
- Rita Kontos, Sustainable Transport Project Coordinator at the Mornington Peninsula Shire – Rita discussed Innovative community transport solutions (PDF – 238KB).
- Mary Dallas, Manager Civil Design & Transport at the City of Maribyrnong – Mary gave a presentation on an Innovative approach to truck traffic in the inner west.
- Patricia Fitzsimons, Strategic Integrated Transport Planner at Hobsons Bay City Council – Patricia gave a presentation on Community engagement as an important component in the development of an integrated transport plan which includes council's focus on active transport outcomes.
- Che Sutherland, Leader Transport Strategy at Darebin City Council – Che and her team spoke about the development of their council’s New walking strategy (PDF – 966KB).
- Stefan Mitrik, Coordinator Transport Safety Engineering and Ted Teo, Senior Traffic Engineer at the City of Port Phillip - Stefan and Ted discussed the Four guiding principles for parking management in their municipality (PDF – 1.11MB).