MAV President and board elected for next two years
Cr David Clark has been re-elected as President of the Municipal Association of Victoria, alongside 10 board directors, after the MAV board election results were declared earlier today.
Cr Clark was elected President in 2021 and will be joined on the board by seven other returned directors and threenew directors.
The successfully elected directors are:
- Cr Nathan Hersey representing the Gippsland Region
- Cr Aaron Scales representing the Goulburn Ovens Murray Region
- Cr Ruth Gstrein representing the Great South Coast Barwon Region
- Cr Rohan Leppert representing the Inner Metropolitan South East Region
- Cr Jennifer Anderson representing the Loddon Campaspe Mallee Region
- Cr Stuart James representing the Metropolitan East Region
- Cr Joseph Haweil representing the Metropolitan North Region
- Cr Steve Staikos representing the Metropolitan South Region
- Cr Kathy Majdlik representing the Metropolitan West Region
- Cr Murray Emerson representing the Wimmera Southern Mallee Central Highlands Region.
Cr Clark said he looked forward to working with the newly elected board to continue the important work of the MAV representing local government.
“Firstly, congratulations to all the successfully elected board directors. It is an honour and privilege to be in this position and I know everyone will be working to best represent our sector on a broader stage,” Cr Clark said.
“The MAV has been working hard to ensure the perspective of local government and the communities we represent are heard in the decision-making halls in Spring Street and Canberra.”
Our President and Board will now serve a two-year term at the MAV.