MAV President and Board Election results
Councillor Coral Ross from the City of Boroondara has been elected President of the MAV for the next two years.
Cr Ross has been a Mayor for three terms and a councillor for 17 years. She has also served as ALGA Board member and interim MAV President during this time.
Cr Ross joins 12 Board members. Six regional Board positions were contested and the elected Board members are:
- Cr Josh Gilligan, Wyndham City Council – Metropolitan West Region (reappointed)
- Cr Peter Perkins, Nillumbik Shire Council – Interface Region (reappointed)
- Cr Jennifer Anderson, Macedon Ranges Shire Council – Rural North Central Region
- Cr Nathan Hansford, Golden Plains Shire Council – Rural South Central Region
- Cr Ron Janas, Alpine Shire Council – Rural North East Region
- Cr Mike Symon, Maroondah City Council – Metropolitan East Region.
They join the six board members who were elected unopposed:
- Cr Murray Emerson, Northern Grampians Shire Council – Rural North West Region
- Cr Ruth Gstrein, Corangamite Shire Council – Rural South West Region (reappointed)
- Cr Malcolm Hole, Wellington Shire Council – Rural Gippsland Region (reappointed)
- Cr Jami Klisaris, City of Stonnington – Metropolitan South East Region (reappointed)
- Cr Rohan Leppert, City of Melbourne – Metropolitan Central Region (reappointed)
- Cr Sean O’Reilly, City of Greater Dandenong – Metropolitan Southern Region (reappointed).
Cr Ross expressed her delight and gratitude for the outcome of the MAV leadership election.
“I am delighted to have been elected to this role and look forward to working for all councils closely with MAV staff and the wider sector.
“I’d like to thank and pay tribute to the outgoing Board members and President, Cr Mary Lalios.
“We need to build on our partnership with the State Government, Victorian councils and other peak bodies to progress the best outcomes for local communities.
“We need to be there for councils advocating and promoting on their behalf and sharing best practice,” Cr Ross said.
The MAV President is a popularly elected position decided by MAV Representatives from member councils. Board members represent their regional grouping of councils and are elected by MAV Representatives from within their region.
– Ends –
Contact MAV President Cr Ross on 0438 005 225 or MAV Communications on 9667 5547.
Photo available at http://www.mav.asn.au/news-resources/multimedia