Respect Women: Call It Out
16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence in Victoria
(25 November to 10 December 2019)
Respect Women: Call It Out Campaign
Coinciding with the international 16 Day of Activism against Gender-Based Violence 2019 - 25 November to 10 December 2019.
Respect Victoria's Respect Women: Call it Out campaign encourages people to call out sexism, sexual harassment and disrespect towards women when it is safe to do so.
Your council or organisation can help people become an active bystander by organising events and activities during the 16 Days of the campaign (and beyond) like:
- Social media posts
- Community marches
- Book clubs
- Neighbourhood House events
- Events and communication in libraries, leisure centres and customer service centres
- Street art
- Youth initiatives
Visit the 2019 Campaign Resources page to download resources developed for the campaign.
16 Days Campaign E-News
- 16 Days Campaign Newsletter (10 December 2019)
- 16 Days Campaign Newsletter (6 December 2019)
- 16 Days Campaign Newsletter (29 November 2019)
- 16 Days Campaign Newsletter (26 November 2019)
- 16 Days Campaign Newsletter (22 November 2019)
- 16 Days Campaign Newsletter (20 November 2019)
Read Respect Victoria’s media release about the 16 Days Campaign.
For enquiries please email 16DaysCampaign@mav.asn.au.
If you or someone you know is experiencing family violence, help is available.
If you believe someone is in immediate danger call 000 and ask for the police.
1800 737 732
The national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service. Phone and online services available 24/7 www.1800respect.org.au.