MAV WorkCare is a division of the Municipal Association of Victoria which was established to manage a self-insured workers’ compensation scheme for the Victorian local government sector. The MAV WorkCare Self-insurance Workers Compensation Scheme is made up of 30 members from across the sector.
WorkCare member benefits
Benefits of MAV WorkCare membership include:
- sustained and measurable improvements in workplace safety
- lower costs to councils through reductions in the incidence of avoidable injuries
- effectively and appropriately managed claims
- optimal return to work initiatives and programs.
Services provided are:
- A 3-Year OHS Improvement Program comprising of:
- change management leadership, coaching and support
- OHS training related to the implementation of the OHS Improvement Program
- regular member forums and workshops held in city and regional locations
- access to Regional Risk Consultants (RRCs).
- strategic and technical OHS advice and coaching for leadership and OHS staff
- auditing and reporting.
- A local government OHS management system comprising of:
- model procedures
- guidance notes
- programs focused on OHS Prevention programs that are tailored to address specific OHS issues, trends and events across the membership, as well as regular news and industry updates.
- Claims management services that include:
- end-to-end claims management aimed at early intervention, sound injury management and sustainable return to work
- exclusive and contemporary Members Centre
- Legal, Private Investigation and Occupational Rehabilitation and Independent Medical Examination services via a dedicated panel of providers
- scheme-specific training programs focused on claims management and return to work.
Engage with us
To find out more about joining, contact our WorkCare team.