Work for us
Why work for us
The Municipal Association of Victoria is the peak representative and lobbying body for Victoria's 79 councils. We were formed in 1879 and the Municipal Association Act 1907 appointed the MAV the official voice of local government in Victoria.
Today, we are a driving and influential force behind a strong and strategically positioned local government sector. Our role is to represent and advocate the interests of local government, lobby for a 'fairer deal' for councils, raise the sector's profile, ensure its long-term security and provide policy advice, strategic advice, capacity building programs and insurance services to local government.
We value diversity and employ young people, mature-age workers, working parents, people with disabilities, and people from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander and non-English speaking backgrounds.
Our motto is 'pro bono publico' – for the public good. Through our activities, we improve the lives of all Victorians and you can help us in our valuable work.
Our current job vacancies are posted on this page, LinkedIn and a number of job search websites.
- Find out more about the MAV
- Browse council job vacancies for other opportunities in the sector
- Visit Council Careers Victoria on LinkedIn to learn about working in the local government sector.
Events and Learning Officer
We have an exciting, full-time opportunity for an experienced, innovative and highly motivated learning and events professional. Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Events, you will work with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver contemporary and innovative blended learning solutions, professional development pathways and events that help build local government sector capacity and capability.
To be successful in this role, you will need outstanding organisational skills, well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask and work under pressure. You will be a proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude to overcome challenges.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in training, education, event management or related discipline and/or demonstrated experience in learning and development, eLearning, event management or similar
- Strong organisational and project coordination skills with excellent attention to detail, the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to build productive and collaborative relationships and manage key stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to think outside the box and bring innovative concepts to learning solutions
- The ability to apply critical thinking to solve complex problems
- Self-aware, open-minded with a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- High level computer literacy and experience using applications such Office365 suite and platforms such as Cvent, Salesforce, Moodle and Learning Management Systems
Applications are due on Monday 10 February, 5.00pm and must address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description.
For any enquires regarding the position please contact Jeannie Gill on 03 9667 5557 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The MAV reserves the right to hire prior to the closing date.
The MAV is committed to gender equity, diversity and inclusivity and encourages people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The successful candidate will be asked to provide a satisfactory National Police Check (obtained within the last three months) prior to commencement.