The MAV offers a series of professional development training for councillors and officers. Our training workshops and professional development pathways provide councillors with an enhanced understanding of their obligations, roles and responsibilities through skill enhancement and professional development pathways. Our professional development training programs have been designed specifically for the local government sector.
The MAV councillor development program, through collaborative partnerships with corporate training companies, offer councillors and officers relevant, contemporary professional development options, from introductory skill development workshops and sessions, to accredited further higher-education pathways, to leadership scholarships with the McArthur Fellowship and professional development options with the Australian Institute of Company Directors programs; the Company Directors Course and Governance Essentials.
We offer professional development courses and workshops in four key areas:
- Councillor Professional Development Program
- Australian Institute of Company Directors Course
- Swinburne University Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Executive)
- Understanding Local Government (eLearning module)
2020 Councillor Induction Day
The MAV looks forward to formally welcoming newly elected councillors on Friday, 27 November 2020. Further details about the event format and program will be issued in the coming weeks.
- Councillor professional development program
- Company directors course
- Councillor development weekend
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Executive)
- Mayoral program
- Council in-house training
Engage with us
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Learning and Events
(03) 9667 5557
Learning and Events Officer
(03) 9667 5531