Transport & infrastructure
We represent and advocate on behalf of councils to Victorian and Australian Government inquiries and policy reviews.
Our submissions cover many areas of transport policy and investment including:
- legislative reform
- infrastructure planning
- service delivery
Submissions and briefs
We develop and form a collective local government sector view on a range of topics.
- Briefing on Infrastructure Victoria Advice to State Government on Automated and Electric Vehicle Infrastructure - Nov 2018 (PDF - 901KB)
- Submission for Infrastructure Victoria Evidence Base Report - Advice on Automated Vehicle and Electric Vehicle Infrastructure - Aug 2018 (PDF - 558.5KB)
- Submission to NTC Safety Assurance for Automated Driving Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) Consultation - Jul 2018 (PDF - 631.3KB)
- Inquiry into VicRoads Management of Country Roads - Dec 2017 (Word – 77KB)
- Changing driving laws to support automated vehicles - Discussion Paper - Dec 2017 (PDF – 156KB)
To access transport and infrastructure-related submissions, visit the submissions page.
We also prepare briefing papers for our members’ use.
Committees and working groups
We represent local government on a number of transport-related committees and working groups to help inform our work and build capacity within the sector, including:
- PTV Accessibility Strategic Reference Group
- PTV Operators Committee
- TAC Local Government Grants Panel
- VicRoads Smartroads Reference Group
- VicRoads Rural Reference Group
- VicRoads Speed Limit Policy Working Group
- VicRoads Roadside Memorials Steering Group
- Victorian Ministerial Freight Advisory Council
- Victorian Railway Crossing Safety Steering Committee
- Victorian Road Freight Advisory Council.
- Electric Vehicle Availability and Finances - Webinar - 15 Nov 2018 (PDF - 1.33MB)
- Electric Vehicle Availability and Finances - Q & A - 15 Nov 2018 (PDF - 437KB)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure for Local Government Fleets - Webinar - 05 Dec 2018 (PDF - 4.36MB)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure for Local Government Fleets - Q & A - 05 Dec 2018 (PDF - 720KB)
You can access environment-related presentations from past events on our past event presentations page.
- Infrastructure Victoria
- Level Crossing Removal Authority
- Metro Tunnel Project
- Public Transport Victoria
- Roads & transport (Vic Councils)
- Victorian Transport Statistics Portal
Engage with us
Senior Policy Officer
(03) 9667 5595