Transport & infrastructure
We represent and advocate on behalf of councils to Victorian and Australian Government inquiries and policy reviews.
Principal Freight Network Webinar
You can watch the recording of the Principal Freight Network Review webinar held on 2 December 2020.
Our submissions cover many areas of transport policy and investment including:
- legislative reform
- infrastructure planning
- service delivery
Submissions and briefs
We develop and form a collective local government sector view on a range of topics.
- Submission to Infrastructure Victoria’s draft 30-year Strategy - Feb 2021 (PDF - 301KB)
- Submission to NTC Heavy Vehicle Law Review Consultation RIS - Nov 2020 (Word - 336KB)
- Letter to Department of Justice and Community Safety re Professional Engineers Registration Scheme - Oct 2020 (PDF - 761KB)
- Submission to Heavy Vehicle Road Reform consultation - Oct 2020 (PDF - 192KB)
- Letter to National Transport Commission - Personalised Mobility Devices consultation RIS - Dec 2019 (PDF - 170KB)
- MAV response to National Transport Commission barriers to the safe use of Motorised Mobility Devices discussion paper - Dec 2019 (Word - 75KB)
- Submission to National Transport Commission Easy Access to Suitable Routes issues - Aug 2019 (PDF - 394KB)
- Submission to New Road Safety (Traffic Management) Regulations - Jul 2019 (PDF - 330KB)
- Submission to Productivity Commission inquiry on National Transport Regulatory Reform - Jul 2019 (PDF - 726KB)
- Briefing on Infrastructure Victoria Advice to State Government on Automated and Electric Vehicle Infrastructure - Nov 2018 (PDF - 901KB)
- Submission for Infrastructure Victoria Evidence Base Report - Advice on Automated Vehicle and Electric Vehicle Infrastructure - Aug 2018 (PDF - 558.5KB)
- Submission to NTC Safety Assurance for Automated Driving Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) Consultation - Jul 2018 (PDF - 631.3KB)
- Inquiry into VicRoads Management of Country Roads - Dec 2017 (Word – 77KB)
- Changing driving laws to support automated vehicles - Discussion Paper - Dec 2017 (PDF – 156KB)
To access transport and infrastructure-related submissions, visit the submissions page.
We also prepare briefing papers for our members’ use.
Committees and working groups
We represent local government on a number of transport-related committees and working groups to help inform our work and build capacity within the sector, including:
- PTV Accessibility Strategic Reference Group
- PTV Operators Committee
- TAC Local Government Grants Panel
- VicRoads Smartroads Reference Group
- VicRoads Rural Reference Group
- VicRoads Speed Limit Policy Working Group
- VicRoads Roadside Memorials Steering Group
- Victorian Ministerial Freight Advisory Council
- Victorian Railway Crossing Safety Steering Committee
- Victorian Road Freight Advisory Council.
- Electric Vehicle Availability and Finances - Webinar - 15 Nov 2018 (PDF - 1.33MB)
- Electric Vehicle Availability and Finances - Q & A - 15 Nov 2018 (PDF - 437KB)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure for Local Government Fleets - Webinar - 05 Dec 2018 (PDF - 4.36MB)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure for Local Government Fleets - Q & A - 05 Dec 2018 (PDF - 720KB)
You can access environment-related presentations from past events on our past event presentations page.
- Infrastructure Victoria
- Level Crossing Removal Authority
- Metro Tunnel Project
- Public Transport Victoria
- Roads & transport (Vic Councils)
- Victorian Transport: Data and Research
Engage with us
Emma Fitzclarence Lake
Manager Emergency Management
(03) 9667 5532