State Council is our governing body. It is made up of representatives from each member council.
State Council’s powers include:
- determining the Rules of the Association
- electing the president and other members of the Board
- determining our strategic direction
- appointing the auditor.
State Council meets twice a year, or more if needed. Members can submit business to be considered by State Council in accordance with the MAV Rules.
Representatives vote on matters before State Council.
Resolutions adopted by State Council are assessed by the Board to determine how they will be progressed. Updates on the progress made against each resolution are sent to members before the next meeting.
2019 State Council Dates
- Friday 18 October, Sofitel Melbourne
- Friday 17 May, Sofitel Melbourne
State Council Resolutions
2019 State Council Resolutions
2018 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted at the May and October 2018 State Council meeting:s
- State Council Resolutions - October 2018 (Word - 111KB)
- State Council Resolutions - May 2018 (Word - 108KB)
2017 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted at the May and October 2017 State Council meetings:
- State Council Resolutions - October 2017 (Word - 102KB)
- State Council Resolutions - May 2017 (Word - 99KB)
You can also listen to a recording of the full October 2017 State Council meeting.
2016 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted in the May and September 2016 State Council meetings:
- State Council Resolutions - May 2016 (Word - 96KB)
- State Council Resolutions - September 2016 (Word - 91KB).
You can also listen to a recording of the full September 2016 State Council meeting.
State Council Motions
State Council dates
The next State Council will be held on 18 October 2019.