State Council is our governing body. It is made up of representatives from each member council.
State Council’s powers include:
- determining the Rules of the Association
- electing the president and other members of the Board
- determining our strategic direction
- appointing the auditor.
State Council meets twice a year, or more if needed. Members can submit business to be considered by State Council in accordance with the MAV Rules.
Representatives vote on matters before State Council.
State Council Meeting - Friday 24 June 2022
The next MAV State Council meeting will be held from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on Friday 24 June 2022 at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street Melbourne.
In accordance with the MAV Rules, the submissions of motions will close at midnight on Friday 27 May 2022.
To attend the State Council meeting please register at the State Council Registration page.
Each council will be allocated two seats on the floor of State Council. If the MAV Representative or Substitute Representative is unable to attend, your council may resolve to appoint another councillor to attend the meeting and vote. For a non MAV Representative or Substitute Representative to be entitled to vote, a Notification of Appointment Form must be completed and forwarded to the MAV prior to the State Council meeting, preferably no later than 48 hours prior.
CEOs are welcome to attend. If unable to do so the Council’s Mayor or a senior officer may attend in the CEO’s place. Any more than two attendees for each council will be allocated seating in the Gallery and unfortunately will not be catered for.
Registrations are now open. Please register attendances by 5pm on Wednesday 15 June 2022.
Agenda and Business Paper
The Agenda and Business Paper for State Council is available here (PDF - 7.2MB).
If you have any queries, please contact the MAV on (03) 9667 5528 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous State Council Resolutions
2021 State Council Resolutions
Please note that due to COVID restrictions only one State Council meeting was held in 2021.
2020 State Council Resolutions
- Please note that due to Covid restrictions, there were no State Council meetings held in 2020.
2019 State Council Resolutions
- State Council Resolutions - October 2019 (PDF - 25KB)
- State Council Resolutions - May 2019 (Word - 173KB)
2018 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted at the May and October 2018 State Council meeting:s
- State Council Resolutions - October 2018 (Word - 111KB)
- State Council Resolutions - May 2018 (Word - 108KB)
2017 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted at the May and October 2017 State Council meetings:
- State Council Resolutions - October 2017 (Word - 102KB)
- State Council Resolutions - May 2017 (Word - 99KB)
You can also listen to a recording of the full October 2017 State Council meeting.
2016 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted in the May and September 2016 State Council meetings:
- State Council Resolutions - May 2016 (Word - 96KB)
- State Council Resolutions - September 2016 (Word - 91KB).
You can also listen to a recording of the full September 2016 State Council meeting.