Annual Conference and Dinner
The MAV's Annual Conference is renowned as a Victorian local government premier event and networking opportunity for Mayors, Councillors, CEO’s, Executives and Senior Officers.
View a gallery of images from the 2023 Annual Conference.
2023 Annual Conference & Dinner
Victorian local government’s premier event, the MAV Annual Conference & Dinner returned in 2023, and took place on the traditional land of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation. The conference included presentations from keynote speakers and thought leaders on topics of significant importance to the Victorian local government sector including:
- How councils can partner and engage with Traditional Owners and local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Challenges and opportunities surrounding the financial sustainability of local government.
- How communities can rebuild following natural disasters.
- Sustainable planning to create better ways to live, work, and move around.
- How we can use evidence, co-design, and data in place to address child health and developmental inequities.
- Why in times of great uncertainty, the most crucial leadership quality is courageous, intelligent optimism.
Date: Thursday, 12 October 2023
Conference Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Pre-Dinner Networking: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Gala Dinner: 7:00pm – 10:30pm (including 2023 Councillor Service Awards)
Venue: Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Registrations closed on 3 October 2023.
The Gala Dinner & Councillor Service Awards
The Gala Dinner is a highlight of the Annual Conference, it includes the Councillor Service Awards that acknowledge and celebrates the long term commitments of the recipients to their communities.
View a gallery of images from the 2023 Councillor Service Awards.
Nominations for 2023 Councillor Service Awards have closed.