Company directors course
The Company Directors Course enhances councillors’ and senior local government officers’ ability to contribute at a higher level and create opportunities for themselves.
The five-day course features presentations tailored to the local government audience. It is delivered by the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), an organisation for directors and those seeking to become directors.
The AICD Company Directors Course is endorsed by the MAV, and offers councillors a course to enhance and broaden their skills and abilities in their role as a councillor.
Key learning objectives include:
- The role of the board and the practice of directorship
- Decision making
- Director duties and responsibilities
- The board's legal environment
- Risks and issues for boards
- Financial literacy for directors and driving financial performance
- Achieving board effectiveness
- Putting learning into practice.
The next AICD Company Directors Course is planned for 2021. Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Engage with us
For more information, contact:
MAV Learning and Events Support Officer
(03) 9667 5531