We advocate for and support councils in their role to create safer communities and advocating for crime prevention measures. Local government plays a critical role in promoting community safety and supporting crime prevention activities at the local level, and are best placed to understand the needs of their community.
We work with councils to promote safer communities, and to reduce both the incidence and perception of crime. Many councils have programs aimed at improving community safety including:
- Crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED)
- Graffiti prevention
- Community safety strategies or policies
- Victorian Sex Industry Strategic Management Group.
- Graffiti Prevention Grants
- Australian Institute of Criminology Understanding the local government role in crime prevention
- Victorian Government Community Crime Prevention
- Crime Statistics Agency Victoria
Engage with us
For more information about our community safety policy work, please contact:
(03) 9667 5512