Company directors course
The Company Directors Course enhances councillors’ and senior local government officers’ ability to contribute at a higher level and create opportunities for themselves.
The five-day course features presentations tailored to the local government audience. It is delivered by the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), an organisation for directors and those seeking to become directors.
The AICD Company Directors Course is endorsed by the MAV, and offers councillors a course to enhance and broaden their skills and abilities in their role as a councillor.
Key learning objectives include:
- The role of the board and the practice of directorship
- Decision making
- Director duties and responsibilities
- The board's legal environment
- Risks and issues for boards
- Financial literacy for directors and driving financial performance
- Achieving board effectiveness
- Putting learning into practice.
AICD Company Directors Course
- Pre-reading commences: Friday 15 April
- Course Introductiony session: Wednesday 20 April (5:00pm – 6.00pm)
- Virtual Classroom 1: Governance and the Practice of Directorship: Friday, 29 April (10:00am – 4:30pm)
- Virtual Classroom 2: The Legal Environment: Friday, 6 May (10:00am – 4:30pm)
- Virtual Classroom 3: Risk and Strategy: Friday, 13 May (10:00am – 4:30pm)
- Virtual Classroom 4: Financial Literacy and Performance: Friday, 20 May (10:00am – 4:30pm)
- Virtual Classroom 5: Achieving Board Effectiveness: Friday, 27 May (10:00am – 4:30pm)
Note: Pre-reading and course preparation is required before the sessions commence.
Engage with us
For more information, contact: email@example.com.