About our events
As the peak representative body for local government in Victoria, the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) is determined to increase the capability and effectiveness of the sector by delivering events that:
- provide professional development opportunities to councillors and officers,
- increase knowledge and capabilities across key service delivery, policy and governance areas,
- enhance collaboration between member councils, other tiers of government and affiliated organisations and stakeholders,
- provide an understanding of new and emerging services through engagement with the private sector, and
- enhance and support the MAV’s strategic objectives.
With a broad local government remit, MAV events cover a range of topics that support the delivery of local government key services, including:
- Professional development for elected members
- Social, community and human services
- Media and Communications
- Human Resources
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Infrastructure and asset management
- Planning – Metro, Rural and Regional and Urban
- Environment – Waste, energy
- Emergency management
Sponsoring our events provides a unique opportunity to:
- Promote your brand and capabilities to a sector responsible for 43,469 employees and $91.2 billion in community infrastructure and assets such as roads, bridges, town halls, recreation and leisure facilities, drains, libraries and parks
- Raise and enhance your organisation’s profile among local government senior decision-makers who are hard to reach key influencers from Victorian local councils
- Leverage the MAV brand that is trusted and respected within the local government sector
- Network with prospective and current clients.
MAV events offer a range of sponsor and exhibitor opportunities to put you and your organisation in front of the Victorian local government sector.
Opportunities in 2019
- 21-22 March - Smart Urban Futures Conference
- 25-28 March - MAV Technology Conference
- 9-10 May – MAV Arts & Culture Forum (for local government)
- 30-31 May – Rural and Regional Planning Conference
- 6-7 June - Infrastructure and Asset Management Conference (for local government)
- 17 October - MAV Annual Conference and Dinner.
Guides on sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities at MAV events are available for download:
- Smart Urban Futures Conference
- Rural and Regional Planning Conference
- Infrastructure and Asset Management Conference
- MAV Annual Conference and Dinner
In addition to your participation at an MAV event, if you are looking to enter or expand into the Victorian local government sector, it is worth looking through some of the following online resources:
Engage with us
Find out more about sponsorship opportunities by contacting:
Manager, Events and Sponsorship
(03) 9667 5557.