Victorian local government is made up of 79 councils representing more than six million people.
Councils operate with a legislative and electoral mandate to manage local issues and plan for their community’s needs.
Membership of the MAV is voluntary and all 79 Victorian councils are currently members.
Each member council can:
- appoint a MAV Representative to participate in State Council nominate to join our Board
- vote in MAV elections
- nominate to join our committees and working groups
- use our procurement services
- participate in sector development initiatives and projects
- participate in MAV Insurance services
- join our MAV WorkCare workers’ compensation self-insurance scheme
Members can also participate in events and training at a reduced cost, network with other members, and access specialist advice, resources and information.