Our Mayoral Program targets the special skills needed to perform the role of mayor and deputy mayor.
The program commenced with an induction event on Thursday 7 December 2017. Further training events and peer-to-peer topical discussion networks are scheduled throughout 2018.
Some of these training events topics are:
- Senior leadership
- Chairing council meetings
- Managing relationships
- Managing and modelling good conduct
- Mayor's Annual Plan – how to plan, map and achieve annual action plan or KPIs
- Conflict of Interest – what is it and how to manage conflicts of interest
- Senior negotiation and Influencing capabilities
- Media skills training for mayors and deputy mayors.
- Our program is designed to draw out the real world challenges and experiences of mayors and provide a rich
- Opportunity to learn, debate, challenge and understand the complexities of being mayor.
It draws on the shared wisdom of current and past mayors. The program explores relevant mayor/CEO dynamics and examines the requirements under the Act, community expectations, and the many roles and practical challenges of the position.
Attendees will obtain:
- A deeper understanding of the role of mayor
- Insights into the practical realities of the role
- A stronger grounding in the critical challenges of the mayoral year
- The opportunity to set goals
- A unique opportunity to work through critical issues with peers grappling with similar issues
- The capacity to be more effective in the role for your council, your community and yourself
- A supportive network.
Mayoral training program events registration is open now.
For more information, contact:
Manager, Events and Sponsorship
(03) 9667 5557