We advocate on behalf of councils for the provision of infrastructure and funding support for public libraries as part of Victoria’s commitment to the growth of the creative industries.
- Public Libraries funding
- Councils provide around 80 per cent of public library funding, with the remainder coming from the Victorian Government. We advocate continuously for adequate funding for public libraries to respond to community demands and the changing role of public libraries. Visit our library funding campaign page for further information.
Through our collaborative relationship with Public Libraries Victoria, we carry out joint projects and activities that support councils’ ability to deliver this vital and valued community service.
We develop a collective local government sector view on a range of library matters.
To access library-related submissions, visit the MAV submissions page.
- The Living Libraries Infrastructure Program - helps Victorian councils and libraries to provide high-quality library infrastructure to meet their communities’ changing needs and is assessed annually.
- Annual survey of Victorian public libraries
- DTPLI – Public libraries
- Public Libraries Victoria
- Tomorrow's Library
- Victoria's Virtual Library
- The Victorian Library
- State Library of Victoria
- Creative Communities
Engage with us
For more information about our advocacy work for library services, please email: email@example.com