State Council is our governing body. It is made up of representatives from each member council.
State Council’s powers include:
- determining the Rules of the Association
- electing the president and other members of the Board
- determining our strategic direction
- appointing the auditor.
State Council meets twice a year, or more if needed. Members can submit business to be considered by State Council in accordance with the MAV Rules.
Representatives vote on matters before State Council.
Resolutions adopted by State Council are assessed by the Board to determine how they will be progressed. Updates on the progress made against each resolution are sent to members before the next meeting.
2018 State Council Dates.
- Friday 18 May, Sofitel Melbourne
- Friday 19 October, Sofitel Melbourne
State Council Resolutions
2018 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted at the May 2018 State Council meeting:
2017 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted at the May and October 2017 State Council meetings:
- State Council Resolutions - October 2017 (Word - 102KB)
- State Council Resolutions - May 2017 (Word - 99KB)
You can also listen to a recording of the full October 2017 State Council meeting.
2016 State Council Resolutions
See all motions adopted in the May and September 2016 State Council meetings:
- State Council Resolutions - May 2016 (Word - 96KB)
- State Council Resolutions - September 2016 (Word - 91KB).
You can also listen to a recording of the full September 2016 State Council meeting.
State Council resolutions
State Council dates
State Council this year will take place on Friday 18 May & Friday 19 October.